Owner and Director of Crackpots
If it’s got anything to do with boats, fishing or the water – Paul’s your man!
Paul’s diverse professional background ranges from working on fishing boats to setting up and managing aquaculture farms, designing and installing shark exclusion nets and being a consulting biologist in a wide range of field locations.
This depth of knowledge and experience – practical, technical and scientific – ensures you always get the the best advice, whether you’re a first time fisherman or a professional. Paul personally assesses and backs everything he sells, so the gear you get from Crackpots is quality assured and price-competitive.
Paul Tod is also part owner and co-director of Indian Ocean Plastics, a company that designs and manufactures specialised plastic equipment for the recreational and professional fishing industries.
- Fishing industry experience since 1979
- Former technical and scientific research consultant for four years in the WA rock lobster industry
- Former Aquaculture and Fisheries consultant
- Manager and Director of Giant Clam Mariculture Project in the Cocos Islands 1997-2001
- Designer and fabricator of a diverse range of scientific marine equipment
- Designer and installer of a range of nets and netting structures (see Projects)
- Consulting field biologist